This is a full-time, direct-hire, permanent position.
In this position, the BI Manager will be working with direct reports to promote engagement success and employee growth. In addition to management responsibilities, the BI Manager will typically be working as part of a larger development team specifically focused on the Data/BI aspects of various projects.
Development Responsibilities (50%):
- Full implementation lifecycle from requirements gathering from end users, technology selection, prototyping, development, and release.
- Projects include developing SSIS packages for ETL and data manipulation processes.
- OLTP database design, performance tuning and security model implementations.
- Successful implementations of Data marts and Data warehouses with design/maintenance of SSAS OLAP cubes.
- SSRS Report Creation.
Management Responsibilities (50%):
- Perform weekly 1 on 1 meetings with direct reports that identify best practices and areas for improvement.
- Identify employee opportunities for improvement; proactively mentor employees to get better.
- Ensure that training is planned and delivered based on need.
- Hold a rich and thoughtful annual career discussion with all direct reports. Understand and look for career objective aligned opportunities for all direct reports. Understand career motivations of team.
- Regularly visit employees on local accounts, to maintain awareness on the account, identify issues, and promote employee engagement.
- Provide HR Management and Account Management team with feedback on employee issues or client information.
- Promote/Educate employees at regarding Exsilio initiatives and policies through regular team meetings
- Coordinate with HR to develop and administer Performance Improvement Plans (PIPs).
- Process/administer local terminations, in conjunction with HR. Participate in on site/in-person termination meetings when appropriate. Conduct Exit Interviews.
- Manage the Performance review process for all staff ensuring on-time completion.
- Process Paid Time Off (PTO) Request per guidelines.
- Work with all direct reports to ensure they understand the “Big Picture” of their project and help achieve stakeholder success.
5-10 years overall development experience (Microsoft BI Stack technologies).
BI product experience working with SQL Server, SSAS, SSIS, SSRS, MOSS, PowerBI, Tableau, Excel and other client side tools.
Proficiency writing SQL queries, manipulating data and transforms, and interacting with services.
Extensive experience with data analysis and design working with data, data marts, and ETL, data transformation, normalization or consolidation patterns.
Experience implementing and extending Microsoft stack technologies using on-premise and hosted solutions for Azure, SharePoint, IIS, SQL, and Dynamics CRM
- Experience leading a development group or team.
- Experience working with offshore development groups to drive scaled development.
- Ability to act as a mentor to develop junior developers/Mid-Level Developers.
- Demonstrate strong leadership and communication skills, (ability to provide direct and succinct communications to management, leadership and client).
- Excellent client-facing skills.
- Ability work on several projects simultaneously and know where to add value, and when to delegate, guide or take ownership.
- Demonstrate excellent problem solving, troubleshooting and debugging skills, and attention to details.
- Ability to translate business requirements into design specifications and drive through development rhythms.
- Demonstrated expertise with the Software Development Life Cycle
- Bachelor of Science or Associates Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or related subject
- Microsoft Certifications (SQL)
Exsilio's success is grounded in the perfect balance of size and ability; we have the capacity to expertly handle many large enterprise accounts while still being able to move on a dime and change with our client's diverse needs. Our teams carry with them an arsenal of diverse, expert knowledge and fierce dedication to the success of our customers. We're committed to the idea of getting in the trenches with our customers and really understanding their business to achieve the best results. Working at Exsilio isn’t only about working on projects, we always look for opportunities to stay active in the industry whether it be participating in design competitions and hackathons or showcasing your talents in videos, podcasts or blog form. You’re a rockstar, let us give you a stage.