In this position, the Manager, Application Development will be working with direct reports in our Application Development team to promote engagement success and employee growth. In addition to management responsibilities, the Development Manager will typically be focused aspects of various projects within their team.
- Perform a 1:1 meeting with direct reports that identify best practices and areas for improvement.
- Work with all direct reports to ensure they understand the “Big Picture” of their project and help achieve stakeholder success.
- Identify employee opportunities for improvement; proactively mentor employees
- Ensure that training is planned and delivered based on need.
- Hold a rich and thoughtful annual career discussion with all direct reports. Understand and look for career objective aligned opportunities for all direct reports. Understand career motivations of team.
- Regularly visit to employees on local accounts, to maintain awareness on the account, identify issues, and promote employee engagement.
- Provide HR Management and Account Management team with feedback on employee issues or client information.
- Promote and educate employees regarding Exsilio initiatives and policies through regular team meetings
- Coordinate with HR to develop and administer Performance Improvement Plans (PIPs).
- Process/administer local terminations, in conjunction with HR. Participate in on site/in-person termination meetings when appropriate.
- Manage the Performance review process for all staff ensuring on-time completion.
- Process Time Off Request per guidelines.
- Increase revenue within the Development practice by 30% annually by obtaining new projects and/or building out current projects.
- Work with Account Management to ensure the correct margins are met within the Application Development, Data Warehouse Development, and Business Intelligence Development practices.
- Grow the Irvine office application development team 25% annually.
- Work closely with Exsilio’s Talent Acquisition team by attending/participating in monthly networking events (PMI, Local Universities, Job Fairs).
- Provide business value in working with stakeholders by having strategic conversations which deliver action items 6-12 months out.
- Meet with Stakeholders on a monthly basis to gather direct report performance, and suggest deliverables that will champion the client’s success their company
- 5-7 years overall Software Development experience in a Consulting environment.
- Understand the end-to-end methodology of building out a data warehouse, business intelligence, and application development solution.
- Proficient in Microsoft technology stack.
- Ability to work with a team to create SOW, RFP, and RFI.
- Advanced knowledge of TFS.
- Create complex ad-hoc reports using Excel export from Visual Studio.
- Working experience with Project Methodologies (SDLC, Agile, PMP, Scrum)
- Strong communication, listening, and interpersonal skills (ability to provide direct and succinct communications to management, leadership and client).
- Excellent client-facing skills.
- Ability work on several projects simultaneously and know where to add business value, and when to delegate, guide or take ownership.
- Demonstrate excellent problem solving, troubleshooting and debugging skills, and attention to details.
- Ability to translate business requirements into design specifications and drive through development rhythms.
Exsilio's success is grounded in the perfect balance of size and ability; we have the capacity to expertly handle many large enterprise accounts while still being able to move on a dime and change with our client's diverse needs. Our teams carry with them an arsenal of diverse, expert knowledge and fierce dedication to the success of our customers. We're committed to the idea of getting in the trenches with our customers and really understanding their business to achieve the best results. Working at Exsilio isn’t only about working on projects, we always look for opportunities to stay active in the industry whether it be participating in design competitions and hackathons or showcasing your talents in videos, podcasts or blog form.